When the universe goes mercury retrograde which it did on February 6th, you can feel as if you’re loosing your mind.
You can feel as if you can’t get the correct word out of your mouth even if you try, or as if you’ve lost your ability to think straight. Your mind, can at any time, just go blank.
You can feel as if every machine around you, including your vehicle, are malfunctioning just to piss you off!
Now do you see why I say UGG!!
What is retrograde any way??
ret·ro·grade [re-truh-greyd] adjective
1. moving backward; having a backward motion or direction; retiring or retreating.
2. inverse or reversed, as order.
3. Chiefly Biology . exhibiting degeneration or deterioration.
4. Astronomy .
a. moving in an orbit in the direction opposite to that of the earth in its revolution around the sun.
b. appearing to move on the celestial sphere in the direction opposite to the natural order of the signs of the zodiac, or from east to west.
Mercury may look like it’s spinning backwards, but it’s really not.
All planets go into retrograde. We just don’t notice them as much. Mercury rules communication, clear thinking, truth and travel. Screwing with those things tends to get your attention and gets you a bit messed up.
Typically Mercury Retrograde happens a few times a year.
The dates in 2014 are :
February 6th to 28th
June 7th to July 2nd
October 4th to 25th
Depending upon your sensitivity you can actually start feeling the effects of retrograde days or weeks before it moves in.
Everything is affected even animals. So, if they tend to act a little wonky have patience and cut them a little slack.
You may find yourself pulling away from everything leaving you with a feeling of wanting to hibernate, or feeling very lonely and vulnerable. For those of us that live in the north country we can’t blame all of this on old man winter.
Mercury Retrograde can leave you feeling out of control. Almost as if you’ve gone mad. Computers and other equipment are also affected. Again, have patience.
And the most frustrating of all is the effects it has on communication. Mercury Retrograde can leave you feeling like a babbling idiot. Try not to take yourself to personal.
But, WAIT…..it’s not all bad. It can also get you moving. This means instead of feeling as if you’ve lost your deep sense of well-being and everything is out of control, including you, you can actually use this energy to your advantage.
This time provides us a chance to look back. Not regress, as it can sometimes feel, but go back to look for old energy that no longer pertains and needs to be cut and released. The more you cut the more your deep sense of well-being reappears. Loosing that deep sense of well-being makes you take everything way to personal. Try to take everything with a casual attitude. Everyone’s a bit confused, not just you. It’s all okay. No matter what.
Here’s another opportunity to finish projects. Another reason the universe works in our favor. It’s perfect timing to take another stab at them. If you do, you’re likely to get them finished this time.
Instead of feeling out of control, or your lost to the universe, you can actually use this energy to your advantage.
1. Stop talking….instead, get quiet and meditate. It does the body good. 🙂 It’s a big benefit!! Meditate using the Kundalini mantra SA TA NA MA. This mantra helps you end what is no longer needed, cleans out the middle and starts the new beginning helping you move forward. Just breathe deep and continue to say it over and over as many times as you want reflecting on what is ending for you or you’re wanting to work through.
For those of you that feel as if you can’t meditate, you can do this while you’re walking around. It supplies the same results. Although, your body would appreciate it if you just sit or lay down for a small portion of your day to let it rest.
2. Let yourself reminisce. Go back to the old days…why not. Use this time to clean out the old crap you have stored in that body of yours. The more you do, the more room you make for new concepts to come in. Ask for Archangel Michael to help you. Ask him to cut any energetic cords that may be attached to you. Have him cut them, clear and cleanse them, and then release them. Then seal yourself with God’s love and white light. This brings back a safe sense of well-being. And the more you do this the more room you open up for the future, today. 🙂
3. GET busy on some of those old unfinished projects you have laying around. It’s okay….you really have an opening here to complete them.
4. Just walk away from any type of equipment that seems to be malfunctioning. It’s really okay. It will start to function properly in a few days or you won’t need it right now. Maybe you’re supposed to walk to work…Just kidding…but maybe you are. 🙂 Activity does the body good. Especially now while we’re in retrograde. The more grounded you are the better you’ll fare.
Have fun no matter what! So you say the wrong word(s) and people don’t understand you. Big deal. My husband and I have this problem every day being complete opposites. It’s been ten years, and he still loves me. It’s really no big deal, everyone will love you anyway. As long as you don’t take yourself to personal. Allow everything to just roll off your back.
5. Take a bath or shower. This allows all that energy to be washed away instead of staying on you.
5. Smile and have a good time even if you feel as if you’re going batty….there’s nothing wrong with forgetting where you left your mind. It has to come back, it’s attached to you. 🙂
And just remember this energy only last for a short period of time. Be grateful it’s not a constant thing.